Hospitality Design for the Graying Generation: Meeting the Needs of a Growing Market by Alfred H. Baucom (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $159.56Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive and practical approach to designing for the growing senior market As people live longer, stay healthier, and enjoy more disposable income, their use of hospitality services is increasing dramatically. Hospitality Design for the Graying Generation helps you cater to this expanding market by providing critical information on designing facilities which are sensitive to the needs of the over-65 population. With the important principles explained in this book, designing for the senior consumer can be creative, cost-effective, and benefit all consumers without sacrificing style. This indispensable guide includes: A Universal Design approach that can be applied to both commercial and residential projects, going beyond compliance with ADA guidelines A wide range of hospitality design, including restaurants, hotel guest rooms, lobbies, and lounges Design principles beautifully illustrated with concise, detailed drawings Extensive coverage of the specific physical needs and psychology of seniors, including physical strength, hearing, sight, color preferences, and other areas A quick-reference checklist of senior-friendly design features When the interior design needs of the over-65 market are met, all potential users gain, regardless of age or ability. This accessible book is an invaluable resource for designers, operators, and other professionals throughout the hospitality industry. With millions of baby boomers rapidly approaching retirement age, the over-65 age group is the fastest-growing segment of the population. As they become healthier, live longer, and have more disposable income, their use of hospitality services, such as hotels and restaurants, will increase dramatically. Whether you are a designer or a hospitality professional, Hospitality Design for the Graying Generation helps you plan for this growing market by providing you with critical information for designing facilities that accommodate the needs of all generations. Clearly written and generously illustrated, Hospitality Design for the Graying Generation shows you how to address the specific physical and psychological needs of seniors, with detailed chapters on mobility, hearing, vision, color preferences, and other important areas. Going beyond ADA guidelines, Alfred Baucom's Universal Design approach enables you to integrate senior-friendly design principles into a wide range of specific environments --from lobbies, common areas, and public restrooms to restaurants, lounges, and hotel guest rooms. In meeting the needs of the over-65 market, Hospitality Design for the Graying Generation ensures that all potential users, regardless of age or ability, will be well accommodated.
- Author BiographyALFRED H. BAUCOM, ASID, teaches residential and commercial interior design at Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. He has practiced interior design for over 18 years, with extensive experience in hospitality, restaurant, and retail environments.
- Author(s)Alfred H. Baucom
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/08/1996
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleWiley Series in Healthcare and Senior Living Design
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notedrawings
- Weight654 g
- Width211 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.