All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.55
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
About this product
- DescriptionFor photographer Amanda Lloyd, being hired to film the historic Serenity house, home of Thomas Edison's patent attorney Jonathan Brisbane, is a straightforward gig. Filming during re-enactment day, Amanda begins to explore the home, including the prohibited third floor. Suddenly and without warning, Amanda finds herself transported back in time to 1884 where, because she is brandishing her camcorder that he mistakes for a weapon, she is accused by Brisbane himself of being a spy in search of Edison's secrets. Immediately placed under house arrest, she finds herself a hostage to history. She quickly becomes accustomed to the lifestyle and routine of the time and begins to grow closer to Jonathan. The quiet of their growing love is shattered when a scorned traitor sets them up, forcing the pair to work together to unravel the secrecy of missing documents before Amanda is arrested for treason and history is changed forever. With the help of a spiritualist medium, they are able to find and understand their destiny-but is it already too late? An exciting, mind-bending trip down the time-travel rabbit hole, Linda Lauren's debut vel is a seemingly never-ending series of twists and turns that constantly keeps you guessing. Full of romance and intrigue, the juxtaposition of times and cultures serves as an extraordinary reminder that time and place matter little when it comes to human nature-despite techlogical advancements, changes in politics and sophistication, in our essence, we remain the same. At its core, this spiritual journey to find the truth of self is a quest for reconciling our past with our present, our heart with our minds, and the kwledge that who we are is t transient, but fixed, regardless of the gadgets at our disposal. Deftly capturing the mysterious spiritual journey while simultaneously building romantic and life-threatening tensions, Hostage in Time will leave you guessing until the final climactic sequence.
- Author BiographyLinda Lauren is a 4th Generation Psychic Medium who owns and operates Linda Lauren's Embracing The Universe in Mountainside, NJ. She has been a professional psychic since assisting law enforcement in a murder investigation in 1978. She is most noted for her ability to tap into the energy of a person via Intuitive Zoning(TM). When she stares into a person's eyes, Linda actually sees a shaded vision of events just as one would see on television. Slow moving flashes of pictures emerge of past, present or future. Because of this gifted ability, Linda is able to do sixty-second readings, as well as delve into past lives. Linda Lauren is also a Color and Energy Analyst and connects with people who come to her for guidance through the color and energy she senses around them. This led to the NY Times referring to her as the 'Travel Psychic(TM)' wherein she reads that same energy to guide her clients with their travel plans. Lauren utilizes Psychic Profiling(TM) in which she incorporates her assessment of the color and energy around her clients, along with reading their handwriting or photo. This information also allows Linda to teach her client how to create positive awareness in their life and environment. Her iApp, 'The Vibe' helps people connect regularly with positive energy through the colors and meanings of Linda Lauren's Energy Art(TM) and is available from iTunes. Linda Lauren has been featured on ABC-TV Nightline, The Nightly News with Chuck Scarborough on NBC New York, in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, New York Post, People Pets, a&u magazine, The Daily News, Hamptons magazine, The Star Ledger, Quest magazine, The Daily, Bottom Line Personal, Lifestyles In Elegant Living, Fashion Wire Daily, Metro, Fox411 News, Social Life, Instinct, For Me Magazine, Matters and the Chicago Tribune. She can be heard on radio shows across the country, among them, NPR, America's Radio News Network, WKGRS, The Janette Barber Show and The Focus Group on SiriusXM & the Micky Dolenz In the Morning on WCBS-FM in New York. Lauren's columns can be found on her blog Medium Rare (TM) and The Second Life Enquirer. Lauren, who knew Jim Morrison, is an avid collector of The Doors and related rock memorabilia, and resides in New Jersey with her spunky Malti-poo, Gidget.
- Author(s)Linda Lauren
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.