All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an illustrated guide to varieties, cultivation and care, with step-by-step instructions and more than 130 beautiful photographs. Everything you need to kw about hostas at a glance in one handy practical gardening guide. It includes a beautiful photographic directory of over 40 types, including yellow, green, blue and variegated hostas. For each variety, full botanical information is provided on the plant's history, growth, size and flowering. It offers a step-by-step guidance on choosing, planting, propagating and caring for hostas, and dealing with pests and diseases. It features superb planting ideas for growing hostas in troughs, as ground cover, as edging plants, in mixed borders, in containers and for flower arrangements. It is the definitive handbook for one of the most popular and best-loved garden plants. The versatility and beauty of hostas makes them one of the most popular and rewarding foliage plants. Whether you use larger hostas to create a stately summer border or dwarf varieties to enliven a rocky or aquatic environment, they are reliable, attractive and relatively low-maintenance. Flourishing even in containers, hostas are truly plants for every situation. This beautiful book explains how to use hostas to their best advantage, as well as providing a fully illustrated directory of over 40 types. With expert advice on selecting varieties, planting and growing hostas, the book will help you to create a wonderful display of these popular shrubs.
- Author BiographyAndrew Mikolajski is an established and highly respected gardening expert. He edited the RHS Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers and the RHS Encyclopedia of Gardening (both Dorling Kindersley), and he has contributed articles to virtually every major gardening magazine and specialist journal. His published works include: Garden Plants and Gardening Techniques; The Practical Encylopedia of Garden Pests and Diseases (both Southwater); and The Busy Gardener's Guide (Time Life).
- Author(s)Andrew Mikolajski
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication18/04/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 130 photographs
- Weight249 g
- Width200 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.