All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first guide to Scotland's mountain fauna, flora and landscape written for hillwalkers. Hostile Habitats - Scotland's Mountain Environment , takes an in-depth look at the upland environment of the hillwalker and outdoor enthusiast, with chapters and identification sections on climate, geology, landscape, plants, animals, birds, insects, human influences and conservation. It is compiled and edited by some of the country's leading experts in their fields - Mark Wrightham, John Gordon and Rob Rayr (Scottish Natural Heritage), Stuart Benn (RSPB), Roger Owen (Scottish Environment Protection Agency), Ian Ralston & Andy Dugmore (University of Edinburgh), Kathryn Goodeugh (British Geological Survey), Keith Miller (John Muir Trust), Richard Essery (University of Wales) and Nick Kempe (former board member Scottish Natural Heritage). The definitive hillwalkers' guide to the natural history of Scotland's Mountains and the first book of its kind, written by leading experts in their fields. Lavishly illustrated in full colour and produced with assistance from Scottish Natural Heritage, it is available at a subsidised price.
- PublisherScottish Mountaineering Trust
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintScottish Mountaineering Trust
- Content Note300 colour photographs, 30 colour maps and diagrams
- Width170 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byMark Wrightham,Nick Kempe
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $81.77Trending at AU $86.83
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $36.02
- AU $32.07Trending at AU $38.53
- AU $29.66Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $31.68
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $28.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.