All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.12Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
About this product
- DescriptionA ir period piece and a colorful representation of Montreal in the 1950s A raw vel of sex and drugs in the years just before rock'n'roll, Hot Freeze was first published in 1954. It takes readers from the highest Westmount mansion to the lowest Montreal gambling joint and nightclub. Its hero is Mike Garfin, a man who got kicked out of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police for sleeping with the wife of a suspect. Recreating himself as an inquiry agent, Mike takes on what looks to be an easy job: shadowing a bisexual teenager of privilege who is throwing around more money than his allowance allows. But the boy disappears and soon other disappearances follow, and Garfin's world becomes a lonelier place.
- Author BiographyBrian Busby is a literary historian, independent scholar, and writer. He has written two books: Character Parts and A Gentleman of Pleasure. He is also the editor of In Flanders Fields and Other Poems of the First World War and War Poems .
- Author(s)Douglas Sanderson
- PublisherVehicule Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationMontreal, QC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintVehicule Press
- Weight128 g
- Width107 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byBrian Busby
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.