All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionDanica McKellar's New York Times bestseller tackles the most feared of all math classes: Algebra! Algebra: The word alone has been kwn to strike fear in the hearts of even the best students, but help is here! With her two earlier books, actress and math genius Danica McKellar shattered the math nerd stereotype and empowered girls to conquer middle-school math and pre- algebra. Sizzling with McKellar's trademark sass and style, Hot X: Algebra Exposed w shows them how to master algebra topics like square roots, polymials, quadratic equations, word problems, and more. In addition to fun extras like personality quizzes, reader polls, and boy-crazy confessionals, Hot X includes ?time-saving tips and tricks ?sample problems with detailed solutions ?relatable real-world examples Parents and daughters alike will cheer McKellar as they watch their test scores rise!
- Author BiographyDanica McKellar is the bestselling author of Math Doesn't Suck, Kiss My Math, and, most recently, Girls Get Curves. Best known for her roles on The Wonder Years and The West Wing, Danica is also an internationally recognized mathematician and advocate for math education. A summa cum laude graduate of UCLA with a degree in Mathematics, she has been honored in Britain's esteemed Journal of Physics and The New York Times for her work in mathematics, most notably for her role as co-author of a groundbreaking mathematical physics theorem, which bears her name (The Chayes-McKellar-Winn Theorem.) Her passion for promoting girls' math education began in 2000, when she was invited to speak before Congress on the importance of women in math and science. Since then, Danica has made it a priority to find time in her busy acting schedule to promote math education, often appearing around the country as a speaker at national mathematics conferences.
- Author(s)Danica McKellar
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication28/06/2011
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.