All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKati Hirschel, in her thirties, is the proud owner of Istanbul's only crime bookshop. When the German director of a film starring an old school friend is found murdered in his hotel room Kati cant resist the temptation to start her own maverick investigation. After all her friend Petra is the police's principal suspect and reading all those detective vels must have taught Kati something. This is a crime story but also a wonderful book about Istanbul and Turkish society. It uses humour, social commentary and even erotic fantasy to expose Western European prejudices about Turkey as well as Turkish stereotyping of other Europeans.
- Author BiographyEsmahan Aykol was born in 1970 in Edirne, Turkey. She lives in Istanbul and Berlin. During her law studies she was a journalist for a number of Turkish publications and radio stations. After a stint as a bartender she turned to fiction writing. She has written three Kati Hirschel mystery novels. Hotel Bosphorus is the first and has been published in eight languages. This is the first time her work is available in English.
- Author(s)Esmahan Aykol
- PublisherBitter Lemon Press
- Date of Publication14/04/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBitter Lemon Press
- Weight150 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byRuth Whitehouse
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.