All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionFinalist for the Lambda Literary Award for Debut Fiction! Finalist for the Publishing Triangle Edmund White Award for Debut Fiction! Recalling both the excess of The Wolf of Wall Street, and the drifting narrator of A Single Man, Ioannis Pappos's debut vel is a portrait of privilege, aspiration, and international finance during the wayward course of the American ecomy between 9/11 and the 2008 Financial collapse, and is filled with surprisingly tender observations about identity, loneliness, and human connection. I'm homeless, but in First Class. Stathis Rakis abandoned his small Greek village for a more worldly life, first in San Francisco, where the Dot Com Bubble had already burst, and then in Paris, France, where he is pursuing an MBA at an elite business school. After falling helplessly in love with a liberal New England journalist with a good conscience, who comes to campus with some scores to settle, Stathis moves to the United States to begin as a consultant for a company called Command. He spends the very few hours of the day that aren't consumed by work draining the minibar, battling insomnia, and binging on more than room service. Luxury is a given, happiness is t. As the ecomy recovers and a new bubble expands in a post-9/11 world, Stathis drifts upward, baring witness to the criminal decadence that will become the 2008 financial crisis, as well as his new habits of indulgence-drugs, sex, and insider trading. In a world of insiders--from corporate suits to Hollywood celebutantes-Stathis remains the outsider: too foreign to be one of them, too cynical to turn back.
- Author BiographyIoannis Pappos is a management consultant and writer from Pelio, Greece. A graduate of Stanford and the INSEAD Business School, he lives in New York City. Hotel Living is his first novel.
- Author(s)Ioannis Pappos
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication23/06/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight269 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.