All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1988, Les heures marks a turning point in Fernand Ouellette's poetics while at the same time marking a memorable date in Quebec literature. Sparked by the death of his father, Les heures was written in a month, a feverish period of work that produced 81 poems to match the age of his father upon his death. The book has been described as an attempt to take back death, to hold it at bay through poetry.
- Author BiographyAntonio D'Alfonso was born in Montreal. He studied at Loyola College from 1970 to 1975, where he got his B.A. in Communication Arts. Later on he went to Universite de Montreal to complete his Master's Science Degree in Communication Studies, specializing in Semiology; his thesis was on Mouchette, a film by Robert Bresson. In 1978 he founded Guernica Editions, where he edited over 450 books by authors from around the world. In 1982 along with three other writers, he founded the trilingual magazine, Vice Versa. In 1986, along with three other writers, he founded the Association of Italian-Canadian Writers. He has taught at Universite of Montreal, Continuing Studies at University of Toronto, University of California, in San Diego. He is presently a writer in residence at McGill University (French language and literature department).
- Author(s)Fernand Ouellette
- PublisherGuernica Editions,Canada
- Date of Publication11/04/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGuernica Editions,Canada
- Weight104 g
- Width115 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byAntonio D'Alfonso
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.