All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionExperience the joy of decor and design, restoration and rebirth, colour and comfort - all in the enchanting locale of Louisiana. A New Orleans-based interior designer, Valorie Hart expertly leads a private tour of the most fashionable homes in the state. Sara Essex Bradley's photographs document the personality of Louisiana's homes, from the formal Greek revival house to the warm Creole cottage, the pre-Civil war beauty to the kitschy 50s-style ranch, the grand Victorian to the modern urban loft. This is t simply a design inspiration book, but rather a thoughtful compilation of homeowners' personal stories of restoring and redesigning their dream houses - the stories of the 'house-proud.' In addition to Debra Shriver's foreword, Hart gives her creative expertise on repurposing furniture, displaying art collections, creating extra rooms, and rethinking storage. Hart presents us with today's Louisiana homes: the feel of southern hospitality married with a look of contemporary chic.
- Author BiographyValorie Hart is an experienced interior designer and decorator and writes for the popular design blog The Visual Vamp. Hart's writings have also appeared in 'New Orleans Homes & Lifestyles', 'GO NOLA', and 'House of Fifty Ideas for Inspired Living'. She considers herself a 'New New' - a New Yorker transplanted in New Orleans - and lives in a restored antique shotgun house in New Orleans' Irish Channel neighbourhood with her husband, Alberto. Debra Shriver is the author of Stealing Magnolias: Tales from a New Orleans Courtyard ISBN: 9780982379912 (Glitterati Incorporated, 2010). She is a Hearst Corporation media executive, overseeing public relations and marketing. When not working in Hearst's corporate offices in New York, Shriver lives in New Orleans with her husband, Jerry, in the home they lovingly restored in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Sara Essex Bradley specialises in still-life photography and is based in New Orleans.
- Author(s)Debra Shriver,Valerie Hart
- PublisherGlitterati Inc
- Date of Publication28/08/2013
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlitterati Inc
- Content Note150 Colour
- Weight1347 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sara Essex Bradley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.