Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- DescriptionAs the front-of-house manager of a large theatre complex in Calgary, Kate Carpenter is used to several things. She is used to the late nights and the demanding customers. She is used to improvising when things don't go to plan. And she is used to a quiet life in her perfect apartment with her twin addictions of caffeine and good books. She is t used to finding dead people in her theatre, but that all changes when Kate and her young assistant, Graham, find a dead man in the theatre's public toilets - and the murder weapon was a hammer belonging to the theatre. Despite warnings from virtually everyone, Kate is determined to investigate the murder - even when it leads her into serious danger. She is convinced she can be of more use than the detective assigned to the case, and if the murderer is somebody connected with the theatre then she is even keener to get involved. Two brutal attacks later and Kate still has answers, but will that be eugh to persuade her to stay out of the investigation?
- Author BiographyDeborah Nicholson has always loved the arts. She studied dance for over ten years. She took drama in school, working as playwright, stage manager and director. She studied music for almost 20 years and taught music for ten years. She kept up her love of arts by working and volunteering at the Calgary Centre for Performing arts, with the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra, The Calgary International Children's Festival, Alberta Theatre Projects and Theatre Calgary. The culmination of her career at the Centre was as House Manager for Theatre Calgary for several years. Leaving this position, and the longing to still go to the theatre every night, led to the creation of the Kate Carpenter Mystery Series (Severn House). There are currently five novels published in this series, available in eight countries around the world, and widely reviewed. Deborah has also completed a medical mystery/thriller, Mind Games. To balance her career in the arts, she has continued to work in medical administration. This interesting field has led to her upcoming series of medical thrillers. Since being published, Deborah has done several workshops and readings to encourage people who dream of writing to stop dreaming and start writing. She has joined several organizations, very interested in literacy and mentorship. She has made numerous appearances on The Breakfast Show, Shaw Television and was a featured performed in The Letters. Deborah is a member of Mystery Writers Ink, The Alexandra Writers Society, Crime Writers of Canada, The Alberta Writers Guild, and Romance Writers of America. Deborah is a great supporter of charity and volunteerism and donates 10% of all profits of her novels to charity. In 2009 Deborah wrote The Pain Diaries, a play based on her experience at the Chronic Pain Centre. She spent three years researching the topic, interviewing patients and experts in the field. The play won the CPS Pain Awareness Award in May 2009 and was then workshopped in December 2009. Two sold-out public readings happened in February 2010, followed by a one week run at the Grand Theatre in Calgary in May 2010. A movie adaptation of The Pain Diaries is currently in production.
- Author(s)Deborah Nicholson
- Date of Publication08/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.