All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Hawthorne's famous vel about a cursed house and the family within, with a new introduction by Mary Oliver. It is publihsed on its 150th anniversary as part of the Modern Library PB Classic range.
- Author BiographyNathaniel Hawthorne (1804-1864) was born in Salem, Massachusetts, and made his ambition to be a writer while still a teenager. He graduated from Bowdoin College in Maine, where the poet Longfellow was also a student, and spent several years travelling in New England and writing short stories before his best-known novel The Scarlet Letter was published in 1850. His writing was not at first financially rewarding and he worked as measurer and surveyor in the Boston and Salem Custom Houses. In 1853 he was sent to Liverpool as American consul and then lived in Italy before returning to the US in 1860, where he died in his sleep four years later.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Hawthorne
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication08/02/2001
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleModern Library
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintModern Library Inc
- Weight244 g
- Width131 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byMary Oliver
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.