Save on Travel Guides
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $21.94
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.15
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $27.62
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.77
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.15
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $34.03
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the Spanish Conquistadors swept through Peru in the sixteenth century, they were searching for great golden treasure. In 1572 they stormed the Inca stronghold of Vilcabamba, only to find the city deserted, burned,a nd already stripped of its wealth. According to legend the Incas had retreated deep into the jungle where they built ather magnificent city in an inaccessible quarter of the cloud forest. For more than four centuries explorers and adventurers, archaeologists and warrior-priests have searched for the gold and riches of the Incas, and this lost city of Paititi, kwn by the local Machiguenga tribe as 'The House of the Tiger King'. House of the Tiger King is the tale of Shah's remarkable adventure to find the greatest lost city of the Americas, and the treasure of the Incas. Along the way he found himself considering others who have spent decades in pursuit of lost cities, and asks why anyone would find it necessary to mount such a quest at all.
- Author(s)Tahir Shah
- Date of Publication29/09/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight315 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.