All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrepare to be wowed, amused, and inspired as you visit over 100 houseboats, inside and out. Architect Kathy Shaffer follows her bliss and explores the floating legacy of her Sausalito home. With an eye toward the artistic, Shaffer carefully documents the architectural evolution of this houseboat community. Learn the geography of the area, the developers who helped shape it, the history of the marinas, and the amazing evolution of houseboat design and construction. This book also reflects the lives of people who choose to constrain their home to a hundred square feet or so, and how they've engineered their surroundings to their spatial restrictions. This book is a celebration of the refreshing, inspiring forms created in the free-thinking spirit of houseboat architecture. It is a must-have for all who love architecture, handmade houses, and inspiring homes.
- Author BiographyKathy Shaffer is a licensed architect in California, Connecticut, and Louisiana, with national certification (NCARB). She specializes in residential and commercial architecture, and is based in Sausalito, California.
- Author(s)Kathy Shaffer
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2007
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note426 color photos, maps, & illustrations
- Weight1500 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.