All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1916, A.L. Fowler's book of household tips is an indispensable guide to effortlessly becoming a domestic goddess. With long-forgotten tricks for tackling twenty-first-century tasks such as removing stains, rescuing over-salted food and keeping a fridge odour-free, A.L. Fowler is practical and to the point. This delightful volume also reveals the best way to rid yourself of anying household pests including spiders, ants and flies, and provides tips on how to remove odours from your hands while advising on the use of natural products to clean floors, windows and cooking utensils. Fowler also shows the early twentieth-century housewife how to perform miracles in the kitchen, with classic tips on making pastry extra flaky, the quickest way to peel carrots and how best to remove burnt bits from an overdone cake.
- Author BiographyThe identity of A. L. Fowler is not known, although many women and men, throughout the 20th and 21st century, are indebted to Fowler s household hints.
- Author(s)A. L. Fowler
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.