All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn enthusiast's guide to exploring historic houses of England, this informative book also enables readers to discover more about the history of their own houses. Users can learn to interpret domestic architecture, identify period styles, uncover the origins of a building, and understand why rooms are arranged in particular sequences, why window and chimney designs change through history, or why staircases are presented in a certain fashion. Color photography and informative line drawings illustrate the explanations and provide a rich visual history of domestic architecture from the earliest surviving dwellings to the most avant-garde developments.
- Author BiographyCharles O'Brien is joint series editor of the Pevsner Architectural Guides.
- Author(s)Charles O'Brien
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- Series TitlePevsner Architectural Guides: Introductions
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note90 color + 50 b/w illus.
- Weight431 g
- Width120 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.