All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionResearch proves that the Housing First approach is more effective than traditional models at dramatically reducing homelessness among those with mental health and substance use disorders. This step-by-step manual provides a solid foundation for introducing the evidence-based Housing First approach-provide housing first, followed by supportive treatment services-into new locations, and evolving existing programs into those based on the ideals of the Pathways Model to End Homelessness. It guides you in structuring policies and programs that respect and respond to the voices of men, women, and families in your community, and provides easy-to-follow tools and tips for implementation. Housing First details:* Solid, actionable information about the program's philosophy, operations, and administration* The composition, staffing structures, and day-to-day operations of the clinical and support services* Practices in client assessment and engagement* Property management operations* The best protocols for assisting clients with the search for housing, relationships with landlords, and the overall settling in process* The research evidence for the effectiveness of the Pathways model This manual does t include the DVD.
- Author BiographySam Tsemberis, PhD, founded Pathways to Housing in New York City in 1992 based on the belief that housing is a human right. At Pathways, Tsemberis developed the consumer-driven evidence-based Housing First model that provides immediate access to permanent supportive housing to individuals who are homeless and who have mental health and addiction problems.
- Author(s)Sam Tsemberis
- PublisherHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleSevere Mental Disorders
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Most relevant reviews
- murphy_12_199409 Mar, 2017by
Relevant , evidence based and well written.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.