All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this paramic historical analysis, Neil Davidson defends a revated concept of bourgeois revolution. Davidson shows how globalised societies of the present are the result of a contested, turbulent history marked by often forceful revolutions directed against old social orders, from the Dutch Revolt to the English and American Civil Wars and beyond.
- Author BiographyNeil Davidson teaches at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow where he is the Vice-President of the local University and College Union branch. He is the author of <i>The Origins of Scottish Nationhood</i> (2000), <i>Discovering the Scottish Revolution</i> (2003), for which he was awarded the Deutscher Memorial Prize, and co-edited <i>Alasdair MacIntyre's Engagement With Marxism</i> (2008) and <i>Neoliberal Scotland</i> (2010). Davidson is on the Editorial Board of <i>International Socialism</i>.
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication26/07/2012
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1118 g
- Width151 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.