All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom faculty and associates of the Stone Center's Jean Baker Miller Training Institute, this practice-oriented casebook shows how relational-cultural theory (RCT) translates into therapeutic action. Richly textured chapters-all written especially for this volume-explain key concepts of RCT and demonstrate their application with diverse individuals, couples, families, and groups, as well as in institutional settings. Emphasizing that relationship is the work of therapy, case narratives illuminate both the therapist and client factors that promote or interfere with movement toward connection. Highlighted are the ways in which cultural contexts profoundly influence relationships; how growthful connection inevitably includes conflict; and how experienced therapists work on a moment-by-moment basis to engage with and counteract personal and cultural forces of disconnection.
- Author BiographyMaureen Walker, PhD, a licensed psychologist, is the director of program development at the JBMTI and the associate director of MBA Support Services at Harvard Business School. She is a coeditor of The Complexity of Connection. Wendy B. Rosen, PhD, a licensed clinical social worker, is on the faculty of the JBMTI and on the attending staff of McLean Hospital. She is also an adjunct faculty member at Smith College School for Social Work.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication17/06/2004
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight378 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMaureen Walker,Wendy B. Rosen
- Foreword byJean Baker Miller
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.