How Designers Think: The Design Process Demystified by Bryan Lawson (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow Designers Think is based on Bryan Lawson's many observations of designers at work, interviews with designers and their clients and collaborators. This extended work is the culmination of forty years' research and shows the belief that we all can, and do, design, and that we can learn to design better. The creative mind continues to have the power to surprise and this book aims to nurture and extend this creativity. Neither the earlier editions, r this book, are intended as authoritative prescriptions of how designers should think but provide helpful advice on how to develop an understanding of design. In this fourth edition, Bryan Lawson continues to try and understand how designers think, to explore how they might be better educated and to develop techniques to assist them in their task. Some chapters have been revised and three completely new chapters added. The book is w intended to be read in conjunction with What Designers Kw which is a companion volume. Some of the ideas previously discussed in the third edition of How Designers Think are w explored more thoroughly in What Designers Kw. For the first time this fourth edition works towards a model of designing and the skills that collectively constitute the design process.
- Author BiographyBryan Lawson is a Professor of Architecture at the University of Sheffield. He is however both an architect and a psychologist, which has enabled him to study the nature of the design process.
- Author(s)Bryan Lawson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/10/2005
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArchitectural Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.