Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by weazle_worzel
- Est. delivery by 30 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThough astrophysicists have developed a theoretical framework for understanding how the first stars and galaxies formed, only w are we able to begin testing those theories with actual observations of the very distant, early universe. We are entering a new and exciting era of discovery that will advance the frontiers of kwledge, and this book couldn't be more timely. It covers all the basic concepts in cosmology, drawing on insights from an astromer who has pioneered much of this research over the past two decades. Abraham Loeb starts from first principles, tracing the theoretical foundations of cosmology and carefully explaining the physics behind them. Topics include the gravitational growth of perturbations in an expanding universe, the abundance and properties of dark matter halos and galaxies, reionization, the observational methods used to detect the earliest galaxies and probe the diffuse gas between them--and much more. Cosmology seeks to solve the fundamental mystery of our cosmic origins. This book offers a succinct and accessible primer at a time when breathtaking techlogical advances promise a wealth of new observational data on the first stars and galaxies. * Provides a concise introduction to cosmology * Covers all the basic concepts * Gives an overview of the gravitational growth of perturbations in an expanding universe * Explains the process of reionization * Describes the observational methods used to detect the earliest galaxies
- Author BiographyAbraham Loeb is professor of astronomy and director of the Institute for Theory and Computation at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Abraham Loeb
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication16/07/2010
- Series TitlePrinceton Frontiers in Physics
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note14 halftones. 17 line illus.
- Weight257 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.