All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeuroscientist Gregory Berns had spent decades using MRI imaging techlogy to study how the human brain works, but a different question still nagged at him: What is my dog thinking? You can't ask a dog why he does something. And you certainly can't ask him how he feels. After his family adopted Callie, a shy, skinny terrier mix, Berns realised there was only one way to find out - use an MRI machine to scan the dog's brain. Despite an oppressive maze of bureaucratic hurdles, Berns was determined to proceed with his 'Dog Project', adamant that it would only be conducted under humane conditions, with restraints - the dogs had to participate of their own free will. Callie followed her se - and a trail of hotdogs - and led Berns to the discovery of profound and heart-warming new evidence that has unlocked the science behind the canine-human bond. How Dogs Love Us demonstrates why dogs should be treated with love, respect, and appreciation for their social and emotional intelligence.
- Author BiographyGregory Berns, MD, PhD, is the distinguished professor of neuroeconomics at Emory University. Dr Berns's research is frequently the subject of popular media coverage, including articles in The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
- Author(s)Gregory Berns
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Weight292 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine135 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.