All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionDo you feel overwhelmed by the pace of change, or powerless in the face of uncertainty? Do you wish you had a more useful point of view, or better strategies to cope? And even when you have obtained a dream or a goal, have you ever felt let down because it did t bring you the joy you thought it would? These are universal feelings, yet how we approach them is unique to each of us. Many years ago, author Sandy Sims found himself asking these same questions while directing a Holulu advertising agency. Though considering himself to be quite average, he had cultivated two particularly useful traits - an abiding curiosity, and the desire to check things out for himself. A health crisis set off a cascade of events and a girlfriend-surgeon-turned-psychiatrist rewired his brain, sending him tumbling down the proverbial rabbit hole into new realms, where he became open to trying out new thinking patterns and recording the results. Over the next several years there was fire-walking, spoon-bending, and trips to Peru and Brazil where psychic surgeons stuck knitting needles through his liver - forcing him to accept almost in disbelief that we can be in different realities at the same time. Into his life poured mystics, shamans, a Kahuna, an ethbotanist, channels, luminaries, scientists, and even an astronaut. The Caddy family, founders of the Scottish Findhorn Spiritual Community (ted for growing forty- and fifty-pound vegetables from the sw), regularly came and stayed with him. He cautiously tested these new thinking patterns, raising the bar slowly, and then testing again and again - until one compelling aha idea drove him to attempt to build a collection of the designs of one of America's greatest architects, Frank Lloyd Wright. In so doing, he discovered that we are more the architects of our lives than we think; that what we call luck, chance, and coincidence are more design than t; and that Invisible Partners can make our ordinary lives extraordinary, matter what the situation, when we are willing to engage, trust and nurture this partnership. This is a watershed time in history, an era in which we are becoming more aware of how powerful our minds are. It is a time when t only how to use our minds, but what to think about, will determine the elegance of our lives. A compelling read for those drawn to the journey of human potential.
- Author BiographyReginald Sanderson (Sandy) Sims was raised in the South and graduated from Emory University. After serving as Naval Officer and finishing graduate business school, he followed a dream to live in Honolulu, where he built one of Hawaii's largest and most successful advertising agencies. He is passionate about helping others uncover their potential by revealing new thinking strategies. To crystallize and make more useful the ideas explored in his book How Frank Lloyd Wright Got Into My Head, Under My Skin And Changed The Way I Think About Thinking, he has written a companion piece entitled Creative Thinking For The 21st Century: An Experiential Guidebook, in collaboration with psychiatrist, Kerry Monick, MD. Sandy, when not traveling, resides in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, a town he affectionately refers to as a college campus for sixty-year-olds, to follow what he terms life's continuous gracious adventure. His interests include blogging, photography, architecture, tennis, embracing a new culture and the metaphysical journey.
- Author(s)Sandy Sims
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight292 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.