All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $19.13Free postage
- AU $24.60Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionGod is great--for your mental, physical, and spiritual health. Based on new evidence culled from brain-scan studies, a wide-reaching survey of people's religious and spiritual experiences, and the authors' analyses of adult drawings of God, neuroscientist Andrew Newberg and therapist Mark Robert Waldman offer the following breakthrough discoveries: - Not only do prayer and spiritual practice reduce stress, but just twelve minutes of meditation per day may slow down the aging process.- Contemplating a loving God rather than a punitive God reduces anxiety and depression and increases feelings of security, compassion, and love.- Fundamentalism, in and of itself, can be personally beneficial, but the prejudice generated by extreme beliefs can permanently damage your brain.- Intense prayer and meditation permanently change numerous structures and functions in the brain, altering your values and the way you perceive reality. Both a revelatory work of modern science and a practical guide for readers to enhance their physical and emotional health, <b>How God Changes Your Brain</b> is a first-of-a-kind book about faith that is as credible as it is inspiring.
- Author BiographyAndrew Newberg, M.D., is the director of the Center for Spirituality and the Mind at the University of Pennsylvania. He is one of the founders of the new interdisciplinary field called neurotheology. He is an associate professor in the department of radiology, with secondary appointments in the departments of psychiatry and religious studies, at the University of Pennsylvania. His work has been featured on <i>Good Morning America, Nightline, Discovery Channel, BBC, NPR</i>, and <i>National Geographic Television</i>. He is the co-author of <b>Why God Won't Go Away</b>, <i>Born to Believe</i>, and <i>The Mystical Mind.</i> Mark Robert Waldman is an associate fellow at the Center for Spirituality and the Mind at the University of Pennsylvania. He is a therapist, the author or co-author of ten books, including <i>Born to Believe </i>(with Andrew Newberg), and was the founding editor of <i>Transpersonal Review</i>. He lectures throughout the country on neuroscience, religion, and spirituality and conducts research with numerous religious and secular groups. His work has been featured in dozens of newspapers and magazines and on syndicated radio programs. <i>From the Hardcover edition.</i>
- Author(s)Andrew B. Newberg,Mark Robert Waldman
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication27/04/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Content NoteCharts/Photos throughout
- Weight259 g
- Width203 mm
- Height132 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.16Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.