All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionIndependent journalist Garry Leech takes the reader on an exciting and thought-provoking journey from his childhood in Britain to life in the US Marines in Panama, from being a butcher in Detroit to driving a cab in New York and dealing blackjack in Las Vegas, from the war zones of El Salvador and Colombia to indigeus communities in the Amazon, and from post-industrial Canada to the socialist experiments of Venezuela and Cuba. Leech vividly describes how his adventures and experiences led him, t only on a geographic odyssey, but also on a path of personal discovery that resulted in him questioning many of the values and beliefs he grew up with. No longer able to igre the many injustices he has witnessed over the years, Leech concludes that socialism offers us our only hope to achieve a more compassionate, democratic and sustainable world.
- Author BiographyGarry Leech is an independent journalist and author whose work is rooted in the global struggle for social justice. He also teaches international politics at Cape Breton University in Nova Scotia, Canada and Javeriana University in Cali, Colombia.
- Author(s)Garry Leech
- PublisherMisfit Books
- Date of Publication05/01/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMisfit Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.