All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Judas Iscariot's here, look. Here comes Judas Iscariot...' Nine-year old Sean has never seen anything like what happens on the day Margaret Thatcher takes power and his grandad discovers his uncle voted for her. So begins the start of a family secret and the end of Sean's idyllic childhood in the industrial Midlands-until, one day, deciding that someone's got to stop the train of destruction, he sets out for revenge. A heartbreaking and timely story of a moment of national crisis as felt by one family, How I Killed Margaret Thatcher delivers a devastating English twist on the dictator vel.
- Author BiographyAnthony Cartwright was born in 1973 in Dudley. He worked as an English teacher in schools in London and the Midlands for over ten years, and is currently a First Story writer-in-residence at Abbey Manor College in Lewisham. His debut novel The Afterglow won a Betty Trask award was shortlisted for the Commonwealth Writers' Prize, James Tait Black Memorial Prize and John Llewellyn Rhys Prize; his second novel Heartland was also shortlisted for the Commonwealth Writers' Prize and was adapted for BBC Radio 4's Book at Bedtime; his third novel How I Killed Margaret Thatcher was shortlisted for the Gordon Burn Prize and was a Fiction Uncovered 2013 selection. His new novel Iron Towns is forthcoming from Serpent's Tail in 2016.
- Author(s)Anthony Cartwright
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTindal Street Press
- Weight213 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.33
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.