All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionHow I Made $2 million in the Stock Market is an extraordinary book. It tells one of the most unusual success stories in the history of the stock market. Darvas was t a stock market professional trading on inside information. He was one half of the highest paid dance team in show business, an expert cryptic crossword compiler, and a championship ping pong player. Yet he was able to make himself a millionaire several times over by his unique investment approach. Unlike other so-called systems, it worked regardless of whether the market rose or fell. When news of Darvas' fantastic profits and methods leaked out, he was featured in Time magazine. He then was persuaded to write a book which became an instant hit, selling nearly 200,000 copies in eight weeks. Many of the companies talked about in this book longer exist. Many of the stocks are longer traded. Nevertheless, the basic principles are as sound as ever.
- Author BiographyBefore emigrating to America, Darvas studied economics at the University of Budapest. Arriving in the US in 1951, Darvas trained with his half-sister, Julia, to be a ballroom dancer, becoming extremely succesful and touring the world by 1956. He discovered investing in 1952, when a Toronto nightclub, unable to pay him in cash, instead paid him with shares. It was on a two-year tour of the world that he initially developed his 'Darvas Box' method of screening stocks - a method of picking stocks based on the stock's price and volume - and later went on to refine this to remove any human element from his trading to susbtantial success. Nicolas Darvas is regarded as one of the best traders in the history of the market and his method, whilst complicated and difficult to master, has been rigorously tested and has been found to be one of the best trading systems yet developed.
- Author(s)Nicolas Darvas
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width130 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.