All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Coretta Scott King Author Hor BookWhen sixteen-year-old Tariq Johnson dies from two gunshot wounds, his community is thrown into an uproar. Tariq was black. The shooter, Jack Franklin, is white.In the aftermath of Tariq's death, everyone has something to say, but two accounts of the events line up. Day by day, new twists further obscure the truth.Tariq's friends, family, and community struggle to make sense of the tragedy, and to cope with the hole left behind when a life is cut short. In their own words, they grapple for a way to say with certainty: This is how it went down.How It Went Down by Kekla Magoon is a timely story by an acclaimed author who won the Coretta Scott King-John Steptoe Award for the Rock and the River, whose book X: A Novel (written with Ilyasah Shabazz) was longlisted for the National Book Award.This title has Common Core connections.
- Author BiographyKekla Magoon is the author of several books for young adults, including 37 Things I Love and The Rock and the River, winner of the Coretta Scott King/John Steptoe Award. She is a New York City-based writer, editor, speaker, and educator.
- Author(s)Kekla Magoon
- PublisherSquare Fish
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSquare Fish
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $50.21Trending at AU $51.48
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.81
- AU $24.53Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.76
- AU $5.69Trending at AU $9.00
- AU $15.70Trending at AU $19.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.