All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do award-winning green buildings so often have higher energy bills than ordinary buildings? Why do expensive refurbishments deliver outcomes that are far from the promises of improved sustainability? Why does your building have high running costs and still the occupants complain about being too cold or too hot and are otherwise dissatisfied? The failure of many countries to produce buildings that are comfortable with excellent energy performance is a scandal. Achieving low energy buildings does t involve learning rocket science: just some basic building physics, a clear language for talking meaningfully about energy-efficient outcomes with all those in the buildings cycle, and an outlook that casts a new low energy perspective on old problems. This book provides that common language. It outlines a path towards understanding what makes for a good quality low energy building, the stakeholders that need to be engaged, and encourages new ways of thinking about how to reduce energy use and costs. This book is for everyone in the buildings cycle, from CEOs of major construction companies to Sustainability, Energy, Environment, Facilities and Utilities managers in any company that aims to reduce energy use in a n-domestic building.
- Author BiographyLIZ REASON is Managing Director of the Green Gauge Trust, a not-for-profit which mainstreams the knowledge and skills for low energy low carbon buildings. KERRY MASHFORD is Chief Executive of the National Energy Foundation.
- Author(s)Liz Reason
- PublisherDo Sustainability
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDo Sustainability
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.