All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe average person isn't looking to be in a situation where fists are going to fly, but many of us have found ourselves there anyway. At that moment, it's probably too late to do anything about it. But how do we change circumstances so those situations don't happen? How Not to Get Hit is a book on personal safety for people who donAEt want to learn to fight, but do want to learn how to avoid those situations where a fight is likely to develop. Told in a lighthearted, irreverent style, How Not to Get Hit takes you on a journey through the funny side of violence, its roots in our evolutionary past and where it fits in to modern society. Self defense isn't a series of techniques or moves, it's an attitude, a strategy and a life skill. This martial arts philosophy book will give you an understanding of why people want to use violence, how they will use it and using this kwledge to manage situations and create a better outcome.
- Author BiographyNathaniel Cooke holds a 2nd degree black belt in Bujinkan Taijutsu and is an instructor at the Budo Warrior Schools. Robert Twigger is a British author and explorer who has been described as, a 19th Century adventurer trapped in the body of a 21st Century writer. He attended Oxford University and later spent a year training at Martial Arts with the Tokyo Riot Police. He has won the Newdigate prize for poetry, the Somerset Maugham award for literature and the William Hill Sports Book of the Year award. He currently lives in Cairo, Egypt.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Cooke
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content NoteOver 80 Black and White Illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.