All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fresh new look brings this parenting classic up-to-date for a new generation of mothers and mothers-to-be. Taking an irreverent and humorous look at the trials and tribulations of motherhood, Radio 4's Libby Purves has created an invaluable survival guide so that even the most unpromising madonna can cope with the baby years. This is a parenting book with a difference- rather than a serious tome laying down the law, Libby Purves' lighthearted book shamelessly describes how to cut the corners and bend the rules that never mattered much anyway. Forget the other parenting books that hide the real truth- this is the true battle manual for mothers on the front line! This timeless guide to coping with motherhood has been revised, bringing it up-to-date for a whole new generation of mothers and mothers-to-be. Based on Libby Purves' own experience of domestic havoc with two babies and on the wit and wisdom of fifty like-minded mothers, this motherhood companion guide is full of down-to-earth tips and hilarious anecdotes. Topics covered include pregnancy, preschoolers, sibling fights, fraught outings, nannies and careers. This is an invaluable guide to being an imperfect mother- and, more importantly, enjoying it.
- Author BiographyLibby Purves is a well-known author of books on childcare and family life, as well as eight bestselling novels, which have been translated into many different languages worldwide. With a background in journalism, she joined Radio 4's Today programme in 1974 and went on to present Today from 1977-81. She now presents Midweek and The Learning Curve, both also on Radio 4, as well as being a major columnist for the Times and writing for several other publications. In 1999 she was awarded the OBE for services to journalism and was Columnist of the Year. She is married with two children.
- Author(s)Libby Purves
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/04/2004
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note(50 b/w line drawings)
- Weight170 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $43.60Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.