Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionHow an organization works is largely a function of what it kws-i.e., the collective kwledge about all aspects of the enterprise, from competitive intelligence to formal systems and policies to the ways in which individuals solve problems and share their expertise. Organizational kwledge is t to be found in manuals and web sites, but in the day-to-day interactions among employees, suppliers, customers, investors, and other stakeholders. How Organizations Remember is based on a 10-month study of a techlogy firm with locations in three countries (Australia, US, and Ireland); the company has undergone rapid growth and expansion, which have had a profound impact on power structures and organizational culture, and hence, on the ways in which kwledge is created and disseminated. The author discovered that what is remembered is diverse, and of differing value within and across the organization. How kwledge is remembered is equally diverse, and ranges from computer files to cartoons on the wall, from stories to the way objects are placed on a desk. Kwledge is influenced by external influences as well as internal influences; kwledge may become a competitive advantage, but may also contribute to inertia. The book combines theoretical perspectives and empirical findings to generate insights that contribute to both research and practice in organizational learning, invation, culture, and behavior.
- Author BiographyPaddy O'Toole is a Senior Lecturer at Flinders University, South Australia.
- Author(s)Paddy O'Toole
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/12/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleOrganizational Change and Innovation
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight294 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.