All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Remarkable discoveries about what drives and sustains successful women leaders. Based on five years of proprietary research, How Remarkable Women Lead speaks to you as other book has, with its hopeful outlook and unique ideas about success. It's the new -right stuff- of leadership, raising provocative issues such as whether feminine leadership traits (for women and men) are better suited for our fast-changing, hyper-competitive, and increasingly complex world. The authors, McKinsey & Company consultants Joanna Barsh and Susie Cranston, establish the links between joy, happiness, and distinctive performance with the groundbreaking model of Centered Leadership. The book's personal stories and related insights show you the magic that happens when you put the five elements of Centered Leadership-meaning, framing, connecting, engaging, and energizing-to work. They include: - How Alondra de la Parra built on her strengths and passions to infuse her life with meaning and make her way in the male-dominated world of orchestra conducting- How Andrea Jung, the CEO of Avon, avoided a downward spiral when the company turned down by -firing herself- on Friday and re-emerging on Monday as the -new- turnaround CEO- How Ruth Porat's sponsors at Morgan Stanley t only helped her grow but were also her ballast for coping with difficult personal and professional times-How Eileen Naughton recovered after losing her dream job, landing on her feet at Google and open to a new leadership opportunity - How Julie Coates of Woolworth's Australia makes energy key to her professional success, with reserves for her -second shift- as wife and mother How Remarkable Women Lead is both profoundly moving and actionable. Woman or man, you'll find yourself in its pages and emerge with a practical plan for breaking through at both work and in life. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJOANNA BARSH joined McKinsey & Company in 1981 and is a senior partner. Along with her consulting work, she leads the McKinsey Centered Leadership Project, whose goal is to help develop women leaders. Joanna is a New York City Commissioner of Women's Issues and received the Girl Scouts Council Woman of Distinction Award and the National Council of Research on Women Award. Joanna is also a trustee of Sesame Workshop. She was a Baker Scholar at Harvard Business School. SUSIE CRANSTON is an organization consultant at McKinsey & Company's San Francisco office. As part of the McKinsey Centered Leadership Project, Susie led a team that completed the research for the Centered Leadership model. She received a B.A. and an M.B.A. from Stanford University. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Joanna Barsh,Susie Cranston
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Publishing Group, Division of Random House Inc
- Weight281 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.