All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.07
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.57
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.59
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
About this product
- Description<b><i>A delightfully entertaining story of family and culture from acclaimed author Julia Alvarez.</i></b> Moving to Vermont after his parents split, Miguel has plenty to worry about! Tia Lola, his quirky, <i>carismatica</i>, and maybe magical aunt makes his life even more unpredictable when she arrives from the Dominican Republic to help out his Mami. Like her stories for adults, Julia Alvarez s first middle-grade book sparkles with magic as it illuminates a child s experiences living in two cultures.
- Author Biography<b>Julia Alvarez </b>is the award-winning author of <i>How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents, Yo!, In the Time of the Butterflies, In the Name of Salome, </i>and a picture book, <i> The Secret Footprints</i>. Her most recent book for young readers is entitled <i>Before We Were Free</i>. She is a writer-in-residence at Middlebury College.
- Author(s)Julia Alvarez
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication10/04/2001
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleTia Lola Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width146 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.