All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA history of the various manifestations and shifting meaning of the Twentieth Century's single great contribution to mythology: the UFO. Neither a credulous work of conspiracy theory r a sceptical debunking of belief in 'flying saucers', How UFOs Conquered the World explores the origins of UFOs in the build-up to the First World War and how reports of them have changed in tandem with world events, science and culture. The book will also explore the overlaps between UFO belief and religion and superstition.
- Author BiographyDR DAVID CLARKE, is one of Britain's leading writers on folklore and mythology and in recent years he has acted as a consultant and spokesperson for The National Archives during the release of the Ministry of Defence's files on investigations into UFO 'sightings' under the Freedom of Information Act. As such he appears regularly in print for major national newspapers, and on air for programmes such as BBC Radio 4's Today and BBC 2's Timewatch. He lives in Leeds.
- Author(s)David Clarke
- PublisherAurum Press Ltd
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- SubjectThe Paranormal
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAurum Press Ltd
- Content Note16 page colour plate section
- Weight499 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.