All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the Prodigal Son retold as a sea adventure.... In a cozy Oregon coastal town called Springwick Harbor, Wade Burns' desire is to follow in the footsteps of his adoptive father, Abner, and become the Lighthouse Keeper. But Abner has chosen his natural son Jeshurun as First Assistant and successor. Wade is so jealous of Jeshurun's favor that he decides to do what sailor in town is brave eugh to do: sail away on a cursed vessel called the Vermillion Mourning to become the Keeper of the Hostel Sound Lighthouse. It's a mythical, diabolical place-rumored to cast bent light. Wade kws he shouldn't stray, but Dion tempts him with its lure. Dion, a landlubber, is more jealous than even Wade. He wants to destroy him, as well as every other sailor in Springwick Harbor, before they fulfill their dreams asea. As they embark, they are joined by Jeshurun, who will stop at thing to ensure Wade's survival-even at the risk of his own life. Along with a loopy captain named Captain June, the three deckhands must brave severe winds and waves, leaky holds, heat exhaustion and starvation as they round Cape Horn on a sail that will determine t only Wade's identity, but also the fate of an entire generation of Springwick Harbor sailors.
- Author BiographySamuel graduated from Oregon State University with a Bachelors in English. After caring for his grandmother until her death in 1999, he headed east for a summer to serve as a deckhand aboard schooner Roseway out of Camden, Maine. His experiences in that summer form the inspiration for this novel. After earning his Masters in Education from Eastern Oregon University, he moved to Idaho where he now lives, with his wife.
- Author(s)Samuel Cronin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.