All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive guided tour under the skin of the car. Diesel, petrol (gasoline), electric, hybrid and alternative propulsions are all dissected and explained in a reader-friendly manner, and as you move from the engine to the tailpipe, you'll discover what an exciting world there is within the car. Organised in intuitive chapters and backed with colourful illustrations and cutaways, this book describes the systems and parts that make your car move. Without emphasising the 'boring' science bits, it discusses the practical application of various automotive terms, and explains why having more of one thing and less of ather is beneficial in the real world. Whether you're just curious, or wish to become a better car owner, this book will start you on an exciting journey.
- Author BiographyArvid Linde is a car enthusiast and appreciator of eccentric design ideas. He has an MSc in Car Engineering, and currently works as a journalist and author. Arvid now edits an independent green motoring blog at electriccarnews.co.uk, where he tries to unravel the question of whether the electric car is the answer to the green motoring needs of the 21st century, or just another gimmick. Arvid is also DIY enthusiast, and is trying to encourage people to become more familiar with their cars.
- Author(s)Arvid Linde
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Series TitleRAC Handbook
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note92
- Weight230 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.