All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Beatles' first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show, has been called a night that changed the course of American culture. More than seventy million television viewers - the largest-ever audience for an entertainment show - watched the Beatles' performance that February 9, 1964. It was only the beginning. Had the Beatles been simply the most successful musical group of all time, their place in history would be secure. But they were much, much more. The Beatles changed popular culture forever. They changed the way people listened to music and experienced its role in their lives. And they were even more. For as their work matured, they became thing less than the embodiment of the social and cultural revolutions of the 1960s. Readers will also discover how the Beatles became prisoners of their own success and how, by retreating into the recording studio, they attained even greater heights by creating songs and albums of such meaning and of such influence that the entire nature and importance of popular music was profoundly altered.
- Author BiographyMartin W. Sandler is the author of Imprisoned, Lincoln Through the Lens, The Dust Bowl Through the Lens, and Kennedy Through the Lens. He has won five Emmy Awards for his writing for television and is the author of more than sixty books, two of which have been nominated for the Pulitzer Prize. Among Sandler's other books are the six volumes in his award-winning Library of Congress American History Series for Young People, a series which has sold more than 500,000 copies. Other books by Mr. Sandler include: Island of Hope: The Story of Ellis Island, Trapped in Ice, The Story of American Photography, The Vaqueros, America: A Celebration, and This Was America. Mr. Sandler has taught American history and American studies at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and at Smith College, and lives in Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Martin W. Sandler
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing USA
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalker & Co
- Content NoteFull-color and b&w photos throughout
- Weight1049 g
- Width255 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 10
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.14
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.89
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.64
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.