Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionIn this rich treasury of prose poems on matters theological, spiritual, mystical, and everyday, popular Catholic author Brian Doyle offers readers a lyrical but common-sense take on the ways grace, prayer, sin, love, boredom, joy, suffering and redemption play out in our daily lives. Doyle's hundred-plus proems are lyrical creations resembling poetry, but devoid of any meter or typical poetic structure-and yet they are t strictly prose either. Some are droll and acid takes on modern life; others spirit-lifting paeans to the joy of creation; still others humorous and light appreciations of the grace-filled moments that can fill the day of any person paying close eugh attention.
- Author BiographyBrian Doyle is the editor of Portland Magazine at the University of Portland, OR and the author of many books of essays and fiction, notably the novels Mink River and The Plover. Among honours for his work are the Catholic Book Award, three Pushcart Prizes, and the Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. His work has appeared in The Atlantic Harper's, The New York Times, and in many other periodicals around the world.
- Author(s)Brian Dalle
- PublisherOrbis Books (USA)
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMaryknoll
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOrbis Books (USA)
- Weight159 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.