All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fine classroom supplement and a solid information source for kids writing social studies reports, this updated, easy-to-read book explains the federal system as it works in the United States today. It also discusses some ways in which the government has changed since the framers of the Constitution brought it into existence in the 18th century. Described are the Legislative body, composed of Senate and House of Representatives, the Executive branch, headed by the President with the Cabinet members, and the Judicial branch, headed by the Supreme Court of the United States, and extending to federal courts throughout the nation. New in this edition are facts about how a bill becomes a law, the various departments in the Executive branch, and more. Young readers learn how officials are elected or appointed and how government agencies work for the people's benefit. A complex process is explained in interesting terms that young readers can comprehend.
- Author(s)Syl Sobel
- PublisherBarron's Educational Series Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/02/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationHauppauge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarron's Educational Series Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date01/06/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $50.21Trending at AU $51.48
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $24.36Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.58
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.76
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $34.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.