All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith exceptional clarity and power of argument, Noam Chomsky lays bare as no one else can the realities of contemporary geopolitics. Divided into four sections, originally published in the US only as individual short books, collectively selling over half a million copies, How the World Works covers: What Uncle Sam Really Wants (the main goals of US foreign policy; the devastation caused abroad; the brainwashing at home); The Prosperous Few and the Restless Many (the new global economy; food and Third World 'economic miracles'; the roots of racism); Secrets, Lies and Democracy ( the US, the CIA, religious fundamentalism; global inequality; the coming eco-catastrophe); The Common Good (equality, freedom, the media; the myth of Third World debt; manufacturing dissent).
- Author BiographyNoam Chomsky is the bestselling author of over 100 influential political books, including Hegemony or Survival, Imperial Ambitions, Failed States, Interventions, What We Say Goes, Hopes and Prospects, Making the Future, On Anarchism, Masters of Mankind and Who Rules the World. He has also been the subject of numerous books of biography and interviews and has collaborated with journalists on books such as Perilous Power, Gaza in Crisis, and On Palestine. Noam Chomsky is Professor Emeritus at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Author(s)Noam Chomsky
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHamish Hamilton / St George's Press
- Weight356 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.67Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.