All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title introduces three approaches to analyzing institutional talk: conversation analysis, discursive psychology and critical discourse analysis. The main section of the book ( Applications ) illustrates these approaches by taking the reader through the process of analysis in turning to such matters as how pilots talk in aircraft cockpits, how computer helpdesks work and how political speeches are constructed. Finally, the book opens up some theoretical and methodological controversies that occupy practitioners today. In this way, readers are introduced to the most recent ways of seeing how talk is critical to making the modern world work.
- Author BiographyAlec McHoul is Professor in the School of Communication and Cultural Studies at Murdoch University, Australia. Mark Rapley is Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Murdoch University, Australia Alec McHoul is Professor in the School of Communication and Cultural Studies at Murdoch University, Australia. Mark Rapley is Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Murdoch University, Australia
- Author(s)Alex McHoul,Mark Rapley
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/03/2002
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight364 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byA. W. McHoul,Mark T.J. Rapley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.