Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionHow to anchor a yacht, or motor boat, safely in a wide variety of circumstances. Includes advice for people who just want to anchor for lunch, right through to those who plan to live on their boats and travel extensively, or even spend months at anchor in one location to save on marina fees or harbor dues. Includes information about a wide range of associated issues including: getting to and from your boat, what to do when things go wrong, storm preparation, equipment, security, communication, power supply and even illness. Written in a conversational style by a man who has lived the life of a boat gypsy for eight years it has straightforward, simple advice and anecdotes, the book aims to both inform and entertain and in this respect is like other book on the subject.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Snook describes himself as an author, adventurer and entrepreneur. He has been a full time skydiving instructor, a racing driver and motorcycle racer, business owner, actor and dancer. His first book Of Land, Sea and Sky talks about these experiences and activities. A book about the last eight years is planned, along with several other factual books and a couple of novels. Over the last eight years Snook has lived on an old sailing ketch and travelled extensively, including the Baltic and the Black Sea, regions not visited by the majority of British yachtsmen. Despite sailing since childhood and undertaking a number of training courses, anchoring turned out to be a black art with many more implications than meet the eye and often ignored, hence How To Anchor Safely - So You Sleep Well, a book of inestimable value to those embarking on the liveaboard lifestyle, purchasing anchoring equipment, anchoring for the first time or anchoring in a range of places and conditions.
- Author(s)MR Malcolm Snook
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWater Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.