All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.03Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis book collects a great deal of advice about what to do and t to do at a deposition. It prepares the witness for many of the common occurrences at a deposition. The book's scope goes well beyond the two basic rules that every witness should kw: tell the truth, but volunteer thing. It covers many other topics such as identifying and dealing with confusing questions, abusive conduct, and interruptions. Also discussed is the little kwn but widely used tactic of trial lawyers to use the foibles of your memory against you. What you think you kw, but don't, can hurt you. The book explains your counter-tactic: talk less. Many examples and a self-test are given to illustrate the concepts. Though comprehensive, the booklet is also compact. Most can read through it in less than an hour. This book is designed for lay witnesses in any type of civil lawsuit. Young attorneys should benefit from it too. They can quickly learn lessons which experience will slowly teach them.
- Author BiographyDavid Grappo is a retired attorney and now lives in Corvallis, Oregon. He spent many years conducting depositions, defending his clients at depositions, and watching other attorneys conduct depositions in civil lawsuits. He also had the special opportunity as a deposition witness himself to learn what it is like to be deposed. He prepared this booklet for his clients as their first step in preparing for their depositions.
- Author(s)David Grappo
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.