All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionStephanie talks about what it is like to be a girl living with autism. She explains that getting a diagsis is very difficult because women are just thought to be shy. Stephanie shares her journey and the process of getting diagsed with autism. She got tired of being told she was t autistic by male doctors and started going to a female doctor who would listen to hear and diagse her. Stephanie shares stories of bullying along with stories of triumph and accomplishment in this book. She really struggles socially with relating to other women because girls use to bully her and make fun of her in school. Stephanie gives the reader tips on how to live as a woman with autism and survive in a world that is thought to be full of only men with autism. Stephanie's mother spent years trying to convince doctors that her child had autism. She did all kinds of research and quickly developed a plan to show with doctors. She documented everything and had a lot of records to show doctors but still male doctors would listen to her. Stephanie and her mother finally found a female doctor that listened to her and would diagse her with autism spectrum disorder. Stephanie and her mother share their story in this very informative book on being a woman with autism.
- Author BiographyStephanie likes horseback riding in her spare time. She has 2 horses Zoey and Stallion. She enjoys reading and writing. The highlight of her young life is meeting one of her heroes Temple Grandin at an Autism Conference. Stephanie is a role model to young women with autism in her community.
- Author(s)Stephanie Practor
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.