Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionWhile this book is indeed titled <i>How to Be a Husband, </i>please do t mistake it for a self-help book. Tim Dowling columnist for <i>The Guardian, </i>husband, father of three, a person who once got into a shark tank for money does t purport to have any pearls of wisdom about wedded life. What he does have is more than twenty years of marriage experience, and plenty of hilarious advice for what <i>t </i>to do in almost every conjugal situation. With the sharp wit that has made his <i>Guardian </i>columns a weekly must-read, Dowling explores what it means to be a good husband in the twenty-first century. The bar has been raised dramatically in the last hundred years: back in the day, every time you went out for cigarettes, it was simply expected that you came back. Now, every time you re sent out for espresso pods and tampons, it is expected that you come back with the right sort. And being a father doesn t seem to command much innate respect these days, either. When his first child was born, Dowling imagined himself eliciting a natural awe as the distant, authoritative figurehead; he did t anticipate his children hijacking his Twitter account to post heartfelt admissions of loserdom like Hi, I suck at everything I try in life. Still, two decades of wedded bliss is thing to sneeze at, particularly from a couple who agreed to get married with the resigned determination of two people plotting to bury a body in the woods. <i>How to Be a Husband </i>is a wickedly funny guide to surviving the era of The End of Men (hint: it involves DIY), and an unexpectedly poignant memoir about love, marriage, and staying together until death doth you part.
- Author BiographyTIM DOWLING is an American journalist for<i>The Guardian</i>. He writes a weekly column for<i>Weekend</i>magazine. He lives with his wife and three sons in London.
- Author(s)Tim Dowling
- PublisherBlue Rider Press
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Rider Press
- Out-of-print date07/03/2017
- Weight399 g
- Width142 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.