All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImproving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT), initiated in 2008, has made psychological therapy more accessible to those in need. This series of self-help titles is the first to be created specifically for low-intensity IAPT and all titles follow an evidence-based cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) approach which is the treatment of choice for depression and anxiety disorders. All titles are written by authors with considerable experience in the field of CBT self-help research, training and clinical practice. This book is the perfect resource for helping you to beat worry or Generalised Anxiety Disorder, either by yourself or in conjunction with the support of an IAPT service. The book is written in a friendly, engaging (and jargon-free!) style and encourages interactive reading through tables, illustrations and worksheets. Real-life case studies illustrate the use of each intervention and demonstrate how you can work through your anxiety. The book teaches you effective CBT techniques for managing your worry more effectively and releasing tension through Progressive Muscle Relaxation.
- Author BiographyMarie Chellingsworth is Executive Director of CBT Programmes at the University of East Anglia. Prior to this, she was Director of training programmes for Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners (PWPs) and undergraduate Applied Psychology students at the universities of Nottingham and Exeter. She has worked at national level within the Department of Health, BABCP and BPS committees and Chairs the national IAPT conferences and National Networking Forum for Low Intensity Workers/PWPs. Paul Farrand is an Associate Professor and Director of Post-Graduate Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWPs) clinical training programmes within Clinical Education, Development and Research (CEDAR) at the University of Exeter. He is involved in various Department of Health education, training and accreditation committees and chairs related committees within the British Psychological Society (BPS) and BABCP.
- Author(s)Marie Chellingsworth,Paul Farrand
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleHow to Beat
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteno LS help required
- Weight140 g
- Width179 mm
- Height146 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.