All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the only book to present the evidence-based policies and procedures that medical and n-medical staff can use to develop Mother-Friendly Care in their facilities. The Mother-Friendly Childbirth Initiative (MFCI), developed by the Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS), is a wellness model designed to improve birth outcomes and substantially reduce costs. It is an evidence-based mother-, baby- and family-friendly model that focuses on prevention and wellness as alternatives to high-cost screening, diagsis and treatment programmes. The MFCI is the first and only consensus document on U.S. maternity care and is recognised as an important instrument for change in the U.S. and abroad. The book is based on research and evidence developed by CIMS and includes 10 protocols, each with detailed policies and procedures and supporting information and resources that help implement the change to Mother-Friendly Care. Each protocol is authored and reviewed by recognised leaders in a variety of childbirth and maternity care arenas. The book traces the development of Mother-Friendly Care and describes its core tenets along with supporting statistical information. These tenets eschew practises t supported by scientific evidence. The manual includes implementation strategies for the evidence-based nursing care training programmes of such organisations as Lamaze, ICEA and AWHONN and supports the WHO-Unicef Ten Steps of the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative to promote successful breastfeeding.
- Author BiographyBarbara Hotelling, MSN, WHNP-BC, LCCE, CD(DONA), IBCLC, is an internationally renowned Women's Health Nurse Practitioner and Consultant and on the staff of the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Department of Family Medicine. An informed and passionate champion of Women's Health, particularly as it relates to the birthing experience, she is a founding member and principal in CIMS (Coalition for Improving Maternity Services) where she serves as Co-Chair, CIMS Leadership Team and Chair, CIMS Evidence and Action Committee. She has spent the past few decades serving families with childbirth education, birth doula support and lactation support. She has served the birth advocate national efforts as President of DONA and Lamaze. She currently teaches Lamaze classes at UNC Women's Hospital, Chapel Hill and trains doulas and childbirth educators internationally.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBarbara A. Hotelling
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.