All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $29.91Free postage
- AU $33.60Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionHow to Build Dry-Stacked Stone Walls shows how to build a wall using the traditional method of dry stone masonry in which carefully selected stones are properly stacked and held together without mortar. As well as being beautiful, a dry stone wall is stronger, more stable, and more resistant to climate than a mortared wall. The book features more than 100 full colour photographs of walls, bridges and decorative garden elements in various steps of construction as well as illustrations that show the steps and cross sections that illustrate the building methods. Author John Shaw-Rimmington explains how to build a dry stacked stone wall, coursed walling, bridges, follies and more. He explains the important principles that contribute to the structural integrity of each. He covers all of the essential elements of dry stone building: * Design; * The foundation; * Packing or backfilling within the wall; * Slope of a wall face, an 'A' profile provides stability; * Bridge stones that span the width of the wall; * Coping, the top stones of a wall; * Weight-bearing stones in an arch, bridge, dome, etc. Shaw-Rimmington then guides the reader through the building process. With dedication to the task and the author's experienced guidance, the only limit is imagination.
- Author BiographyJohn Shaw-Rimmington is an accomplished heritage and dry stone mason. He divides his time between designing, teaching, travelling to do demonstration walling events and commissioned works for private clients.
- Author(s)John Shaw-Rimmington
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2016
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content Note100 full colour photos and drawings
- Weight726 g
- Width255 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.