How to Cook Everything - The Basics: All You Need to Make Great Food -- With 1,000 Photos by Mark Bittman (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.98+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe next best thing to having Mark Bittman in the kitchen with you Mark Bittman's highly acclaimed, bestselling book How to Cook Everything is an indispensable guide for any modern cook. With How to Cook Everything The Basics he reveals how truly easy it is to learn fundamental techniques and recipes. From dicing vegetables and roasting meat, to cooking building-block meals that include salads, soups, poultry, meats, fish, sides, and desserts, Bittman explains what every home cook, particularly vices, should kw. 1,000 beautiful and instructive photographs throughout the book reveal key preparation details that make every dish inviting and accessible. With clear and straightforward directions, Bittman's practical tips and variation ideas, and visual cues that accompany each of the 185 recipes, cooking with How to Cook Everything The Basics is like having Bittman in the kitchen with you. This is the essential teaching cookbook, with 1,000 photos illustrating every technique and recipe; the result is a comprehensive reference that's both visually stunning and utterly practical. Special Basics features scattered throughout simplify broad subjects with sections like Think of Vegetables in Groups, How to Cook Any Grain, and 5 Rules for Buying and Storing Seafood. 600 demonstration photos each build on a step from the recipe to teach a core lesson, like Cracking an Egg, Using Pasta Water, Recognizing Doneness, and Crimping the Pie Shut. Detailed tes appear in blue type near selected images. Here Mark highlights what to look for during a particular step and offers handy advice and other helpful asides. Tips and variations let cooks hone their skills and be creative.
- Author BiographyMark Bittman is one of the country's best-known, most widely respected food writers. His How to Cook Everything books, with one million copies in print, are a mainstay of the modern kitchen. Bittman writes for the Opinion section of the New York Times on food policy and cooking and is a columnist for the New York Times magazine. He is regularly featured on the Today Show in How To Cook Everything Today cooking segments. For 13 years he wrote The Minimalist column and now a Minimalist cooking show is featured on the Cooking Channel. The How to Cook Everything series is highly respected: the first edition of the flagship book How to Cook Everything won both the IACP and James Beard Awards, and How to Cook Everything Vegetarian won the 2008 IACP award. He is also the author of Food Matters , Food Matters Cookbook , Fish , and Leafy Greens .
- Author(s)Mark Bittman
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1590 g
- Width213 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine35 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.